Guacamelee 2 is a co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game coming to Windows, but what about Linux? At the time of emailing developer DrinkBox Studios with some feedback.
“As for a linux port, it’s a bit early for us to say at the moment. The engine we use is an internal Drinkbox game engine.”
So clearly this does not indicate a release date or a common game engine. But the fact that DrinkBox Studios states the early development indicates that Linux is a consideration. As as likely expected, with such a small market share, demand from the community shows interest. While hopefully swaying the developers decision to port.
Guacamelee 2 is the sequel to the award-winning, Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action game, Guacamelee!.
So now the studio is taking the time after finishing Guacamelee! to change gears. While percolating new ideas for a Guacamelee 2.
Now, DrinkBox is happily returning to their much loved franchise.
Guacamelee 2 – Steam Announce Trailer (Windows, hopefully Linux)
Guacamelee 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a new adventure. Since he must face his greatest challenge yet. One that also threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse.
- Non-Stop fighting action featuring an extensive move list
- Multi-dimensional Platforming
- Combat moves double as player movement mechanics, uniting platforming and fighting
- Amazing new player abilities: Eagle Boost, Chicken Glide, and many more non-bird-themed powers!
- A colorfully vibrant world containing dingy swamps, abandoned temples, arid deserts, and many other fun locations
- New rendering engine: Normal mapped characters and environments significantly enhance the game’s visuals
- Drop-in/out 4-player local co-operative play
- 300% more chickens
- 99% less memes
So clearly we do not have a release date for Guacamelee 2. But Linux support could very well be in the mix. Mind you it’s also a bit early at this stage. Just make sure to Wishlist on Steam.