Guard Duty is a comedy adventure coming release in Linux, Mac and Windows games. A 2D adventure about love, loss and the end of the world. Which will be available on Steam this spring.
Guard Duty is a humorous adventure that also spans two radically different time periods. The cobbled streets of medieval Wrinklewood and the dystopian future of Neo London.
The story follows Tondbert, a loyal guard to the Castle of Wrinklewood. Who also had a bit too much to drink last night.
Since he can’t find his clothes and vaguely remembers dancing around the Town Square in his underwear. Oh, and he accidentally opened the gate for a mysterious stranger in a black cloak.
So now Princess Theramin – heiress to the throne and the object of Tondbert’s unrequited affection – has been kidnapped. Of course, by a mysterious stranger in a black cloak.
Therefore with all the King’s horses and all the King’s men. It’s now up to Tondbert to save the day, unbeknownst to him, the fate of humanity.
Guard Duty comedy adventure ‘Bloodlines’ Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- A full stand-alone game spanning across two drastically different time zones. Past or future, choose your actions wisely. This is not a tale for the faint of heart.
- Full voice acting – Over 6000 lines of fully voiced dialogue.
- Hundreds of detailed animations – So be it the flicker of candlelight. Maybe leaves blowing in the wind or the jaws of a giant Wrinkleworm you can be sure those pixels will be pulling their weight.
- Bespoke music and sound – Guard Duty also features over 30 unique musical compositions. Including hundreds of sound effects created in-house specifically for this project.
- Integrated ‘to-do list’ keeps track of current goals and objectives. So you will never lose sight of your goal. Guard Duty features a familiar RPG styled quest tracking system.
- Hand crafted pixel art – True to the era, Guard Duty is created in a juicy 320×240 resolution. While being styled like a real 90’s point and click.
- Streamlined inventory and puzzle design – The feel of a classic, without all the faff. Puzzles are logical with an intuitive interface. Guard Duty features a modern mentality to game design, while retaining a classic aesthetic.
- Available on Linux, Mac and Windows – Featuring cross-platform support for cloud saves.
Guard Duty comedy is developed by Sick Chicken Studios. The release is coming this Spring. Although no date is available or price set. The full release will coming to Linux, Mac and Windows.