Just a year and a half after their highly #successful Kickstarter campaign raised $187,706 for the ambitious retro-styled space #adventure #strategy game. Toronto based Massive Damage Inc has launched Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander is a hybrid strategy role-playing game with a unique blend of base building, exploration, and a deep tactical JRPG style combat system with capital starships and their idiosyncratic officers, all captured in stunningly beautiful modernized pixel graphics.
Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander Features:
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory.
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles using a huge array of powers and combos to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources.
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events.
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
- Replayability: Each playthrough has players dealing with a new randomly generated derelict station, surrounding galaxy, crew recruits, and alien factions
In Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander, a mysterious alien force known only as the Chruul is carving a path of destruction towards Earth and you, as the Commander of an immensely powerful, newly discovered derelict starbase left behind by a precursor alien race, are the best chance for the New Terran Federation to stop the impending invasion.
“We came up with the idea for Halcyon 6 a few years back when we realized there was a lack of epic space adventure games like the ones we loved when we were younger. Too many new space games stuck to the traditional 4x strategy template or went too far into shooter territory. Halcyon 6 was our response to that. Our goal was to design an approachable, fun, space adventure with just the right mix of strategy and RPG gameplay. ” said Ken Seto, CEO of Massive Damage.
Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander is available now on Steam with a 15% discount until September 15th for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.