A Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D collect-a-thon platformer. Since the games being developed by Gears for Breakfast for Linux, Mac and Windows. Yet holds the honor of being one of the largest Kickstarter-funded indie 3D platformers. Due to reaching almost 1000% of its original Kickstarter goal.
So this charming adventure channels the spirit of beloved genre-based games. Such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Psychonauts. Shoot, Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie, is even on board for A Hat in Time!. Yooka-Laylee is what the games trailer reminds me of.
As Hat Kid, a little girl with a lot of heart and a powerful punch. Travel through five incredibly diverse and giant open worlds. While you smack around baddies and unlock sweet new hats with all-new abilities. Enjoy the trip through space and time, and protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl. Well that just sounds wrong to begin with, Mustache Girl. Releasing this fall on Steam and Humble Store.
A Hat in Time Features
- Seven Worlds to Explore: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch!
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles!
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses!
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks!
- Badges: Don’t tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- F is for Friends Who Do Stuff Together: A post-release multiplayer update will let you grab a buddy and enjoy the game together in co-op multiplayer — Split-screen and online!
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie!