Armchair generals extraordinaire Paradox Interactive are back in gaming news. Hence #announcing that Hearts of Iron IV players face new decisions in the coming launch of Death or Dishonor. A brand #new #countrypack coming later this year for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So Death or Dishonor focuses on the countries of Europe. While caught between the duelling ambitions of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. And faced with total destruction by a much larger force. Even making uncomfortable alliances, so survival will take compromise, guile, and some luck. Death or Dishonor will be available for $9.99 USD on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC’s. While Expansion Pass owners will receive the country pack Free.
Watch the Death or Dishonor trailer:
So Death or Dishonor introduces new National Focus trees. Hence Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia. Which revolve around navigating the ideological (and physical) land mines of central Europe in World War II. So this content furthers Paradox’s goal of capturing the unique wartime experience. While also involving every nation in World War II. Yet players will also find new opportunities to change the course of history if they so choose. And don’t forget that heavy metal soundtrack of Sabaton.
Death or Dishonor – and the accompanying free update – will include:
- Revamp of Air Gameplay: Take to the skies with new mechanics and quality of life updates. Each make it easier to bring your airpower to bear.
- Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units. Or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
- More Music and Art: Three new thematic musical tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft. New art content for the four focus nations and new troop voiceovers.
- New Diplomatic and Puppet Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations’ weapons to the field. Or sell your advances to the highest bidder. Fascist countries get new subject levels like Reichskommissariat. With access to licenses, industry and strategic resources. The instated governments are held in an iron grip. Making it harder for them to break free.
- Improved Map Design and Display: the world map has been clarified to make it easier to follow the action around the world. New impassable areas create tactical choke-points and more historical gameplay.