“Currently the game’s developer [Denis Rudoy]is trying everything he can to finish the Linux version before the game’s launch. So I hope it’ll be available on May 10 alongside Windows version. If not – it’ll be a matter of days after the release.
Linux support will be implemented soon after the release.”
So this is definitely some positive news. Since gameplay looks rather impressive. Challenging yet giving off that Fallout vibe. But singleplayer only.
While gameplay will have players travelling through the dying lands. Working to find the one last stronghold of humanity. And also trying your best to stay alive.
Deadly mutants, limited resources and even the world itself make this journey a trial. So only the most skilled survivors can endure. In this grim place there is no easy way – prepare to fight for your life.
Our world is dead. What’s left of humanity is all over the ruins of civilization taken by the endless winter. Mutants are the new dominant species. So they hunt down everyone unlucky enough to survive the apocalypse. And you are one of those who keep fighting for their lives amidst all the horror.
Surviving is a skill to master in Heat Guardian. Your foes are lethal and your ammo is scarce. On top of that you can’t escape the main enemy – it’s in the air you breathe. Cold rules everything around and surviving means staying warm. Fail – and you’ll freeze to death.
Heat Guardian is solo-development is by Denis Rudoy from Kyiv, Ukraine, his first game ever.
Heat Guardian Launch Trailer (Linux, Windows)
- The world is dead, the remains of humanity are living their last days. Can you find a glimmer of hope in this cruel winter?
- A full-scale story campaign. A dangerous journey split between 40 levels – sure it won’t be a brief ride.
- Hardcore action. Mastering the game’s combat is a process of trial and error – you’ll see the ‘Game over’ screen a lot before learning to fight back.
- Surviving the endless winter. Keep yourself warm and count your ammo to stay alive in this harsh new world.
- Post-Soviet aesthetic. Heat Guardian takes place on the ruins of Eastern Europe.
- Tools of survival. More than 50 weapon types and tools to help you in your path.
- Fight-till-you-die mode. Additional game mode for the diehards – how long can you last against endless waves of enemies?
Steam release for the top down shooter:
Heat Guardian top down shooter will be available on May 10th for Windows, Mac and hopefully Linux. Priced at $9.99 USD, with a discount expected during the Steam Summer Sale.