Heavy Metal Paid Expansion for BATTLETECH plus Update 1.8 releases on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Harebrained Schemes. While expanding the gameplay even further. Available now on Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal expansion contains a bunch of new content. Due to the 7 classic BattleMechs, 1 brand new “HBS Original” BattleMech, and 8 new weapon systems. Also a new linked Flashpoint campaign. This brings you face to face with two legendary characters from BattleTech lore. All now playable across Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Where to find your new Heavy Metal paid expansion content? All eight new ‘Mechs have been added to the general pool. So you can spawn enemy lances. All of them are available in the stores of planets controlled by different factions.
- New weapon systems can be reliably found in various stores. So be sure to use the new star map filters. Please note: new weapons systems are not available in skirmish mode (including multiplayer) .
- As an added bonus, starting a new Career Mode will prompt you with an offer. Therefore expect MechTech Yang to give you a new Heavy Metal ‘Mech. And also some weapons that “fell off the back of a freighter.”
- A different batch of items will be available every time you start a new career.
New Free Features and Content
- MARAUDER (75 Tons) - perhaps the most iconic ‘Mech in BattleTech. Since it has the ability to hang back and snipe from a distance. Its Lance Command Module decreases the damage taken by it and its allies. but also gives a boost to Called Shots.
- WARHAMMER (70 Tons) – known for dealing devastating particle cannon strikes. Literally this Mech exists to destroy other ‘Mechs quickly and efficiently. So its Optimized Capacitor Feeds increase the damage of all equipped Energy weapons.
Official Mod Support - With the Heavy Metal release of BATTLETECH. So you can look for official mod support to the game. And also support for the ModTek format. This is what the modding community is currently using.
- Mod locations are now external to the game, making them more portable and immune to Steam interference and breakage.
- Also new mod management UI added to the main menu to streamline mod use.
As usual, use mods at your own risk. In-game modding tools are not included.
New Maps – Two new maps bring even more variety to your Heavy Metal contracts. Jumbled Karst (an iconic rock formation set between two valleys). Also Boulder Field (rolling hills and rocks dot this battle scarred landscape)
New contracts – Over 40 new contracts, including new recurring allied and enemy NPCs. Plus new contract variants that mix up the missions you’ve seen in new and unexpected ways. Battle a dangerous solo mercenary. Train a group of overly enthusiastic rookies. While you serve as the personal bodyguard of an arrogant noble.
BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal | Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
New Events – Added a slew of new mercenary travel Events to “enhance” your mercenary life.
New Star Map Weapon Store Filters – A new filter dropdown to the star map that lets you view planetary industry by type and a tooltip. That tells you what you can find in each star system.
Rebalanced Stores & LosTech – The completely overhauled how weapons and equipment appear in the stores. So along with Heavy Metal content. Now finding items is now more straightforward. And also giving LosTech items a boost in power to fit their legendary status.
New Mech Viewer – Get a close-up, rotatable view of your ‘Mech and customize its paint pattern directly in the Mech Lab!
New Merc Company Crests – Scads of new emblems to choose from for your mercenary company, drawn from notable factions throughout the Inner Sphere. Roleplay your heart out!
New Mech Variants
- Locust LCT-1E – The 1E Locust packs only Lasers for its armament, for better overall damage without the risk of ammo explosions. It runs quite a bit hotter than other variants, though, so it works best with hit-and-run attacks.
- Spider SDR-5K – The 5K Spider variant keeps the extreme maneuverability of its more common 5V cousin but adds some Machine Gun weaponry for close-in work. It’s still got very little armor, so it works best as a scout and spotter.
Additional Tutorial Slides – For new players, an added some tutorial slides to an early story campaign mission to help smooth the on-ramp to BATTLETECH’s many options and tactical readouts.