Heirs of Alexander content pack is announced for Imperator: Rome in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Paradox Development Studio. Gearing up for the release via Steam, GOG and Paradox Plaza this month.
The career of Alexander III of Macedon was short and radiant. While in his decade long war in Asia, Alexander’s fire burned as a legend. Living on in the hearts of kings and conquerors who would follow. As a result of his death, however, civil war arose as comrade turned on comrade. All in an effort to claim the sacred mantle of the fallen king. Do you have what it takes to be the true Heir to Alexander’s legacy?
Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Thalassic are happy to announce Heirs of Alexander. This is a new Content Pack for Imperator: Rome. Focusing on the successor kingdoms to Alexander the Great’s empire. This Content Pack adds greater depth while playing out grand ambitions. Doing so for the Seleucid, Ptolemaic, Antigonid and Macedonian kingdoms.
The Heirs of Alexander content pack includes:
- Unique Mission Trees: New special mission goals for the Antigonid Empire in Anatolia, Seleucid Empire in Asia, Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, Macedonia and Thrace.
- Shared Mission Tree: Diadochi themed mission goals for all of the Successor Kingdoms.
- Wonder Designer: New tools that allows players to build their own custom statues. All while adding bonuses to their location or to the entire empire.
- New Events: Various Historical Events based on the history and legacy of Alexander’s followers.
- With New Deities: Regional gods and goddesses from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- As well as New Treasures: Unique artifacts from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Music: Three new music tracks to inspire your Successor Kingdom.
The Heirs of Alexander content pack will arrive with a major free update. The 2.0 ‘Marius’ update to Imperator: Rome is a big reworking of the military system in the game. Including support for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since this will add new features that alter war and army control.
Free 2.0 ‘Marius’ Update:
- Levies: Draft levies from your provinces to fight your wars. Their size and design are also based on the cultures and society types in the province.
- Legions: Advance your military tech to create a better standing. So that professional military forces can guard your empire. But beware of their cost and shift to follow disloyal generals.
- Military Histories: Legions and Mercenary units have a past that will list their talents over time. While earning honors or costs based on their legacies. All earned outside of the Heirs of Alexander content pack.
- Engineers: Special cohort to help with sieges, river crossings, and road building.
- Changes to Inventions and Military Traditions: A complete rebuild of the inventing system. So you can unlock new abilities alongside old gadgets. While shaping your civilization like never before.
- Diadochi War Goals: New large scale victories available to Hellenistic kingdoms. Seeing these should model the ambitions of Successor rulers.
- UI Overhaul: Completely reworked interface to make options and decisions more natural.
- And much more: New unit models for levy and legion units. New port building options, changes to forts and deities
Heirs of Alexander will be available in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. Due to arrive on February 16th, 2021 for the price of $9.99 USD /£7.19/€9.99. While releasing on Steam, GOG and Paradox Plaza.