Heliborne tactical fighter fully releases (Linux)
While fans of helicopter action games have plenty of reasons to celebrate. After a year and a half of work, numerous improvements based on player feedback and 27,000 copies sold. Heliborne leaves Early Access and releases on Steam for only $24.99 USD on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. So thanks to Klabater, the game will be published globally as a digital edition.
Publishing the game is only just the beginning. The developers are working alongside the publisher and are already planning the game’s post-launch support and further development. Players can count on free updates and paid DLC. Even now, the community can modify the game through Steam Workshop.
While the developers worked with real-life military pilots. JetCat Games have made sure that Heliborne combines a realistic flight model. So the arcade gameplay, offers up maximum fun and simultaneously keeping things realistic. Including the physics, with over 70 different factors influencing the aircraft during flight.
Heliborne – Launch Trailer:
Check how the machines perform in combat situations by engaging in air battles on six fully open maps:
- Gulf of Tonkin (Vietnam)
- Operation Nguyen Hue (Vietnam)
- Khost Region (Afghanistan)
- Badakhshan Province (Afghanistan)
- Training Map
So all of these maps offer several possibilities. Players can compete in the cornerstone multiplayer mode of up to 16 players. Or take part in co-op mode with up to 4 players. Or just play the single player historical missions.
Heliborne – Gameplay Video:
Heliborne – Features:
- 50 legendary helicopters, ranging from the 1950s to modern times!
- Modify your aircraft with more than 100 available types of armaments.
- Battle it out on 6 open, varied maps: Gulf of Tonkin (Vietnam), Operation Nguyen Hue (Vietnam), Khost Region (Afghanistan), Badakhshan
- Province (Afghanistan), Kosovo, and the Training Map.
- Check out 3 gameplay modes: single player, co-op (up to 4 players), and competitive multiplayer (up to 16 players).
- Ground units: tanks, APCs, self-propelled AA guns, and infantry (armed with AA weaponry and mortars).
- Support for Steam trading cards!
- Test your skills in historical missions and on sandbox maps.
- Play how you like! Heliborne offers full support for gamepads, joysticks (flightsticks), and mouse and keyboard.
Since Heliborne is releases on Steam for only $24.99 USD on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows.
There is also a boxed edition including the base game as well as digital extras (Polish Air Force camo and paint set). A double-sided poster documenting all of the in-game aircraft, collectable stickers and a pilot’s manual. All these goodies are available in a stylish case in Poland. At a recommended retail price of 99.99 PLN.