While Heliophobia follows a distinct story. The order of levels, events, and numerous environmental factors are different for each player. So everyone will be able to uncover and interpret the overarching story. Also the sinister world surrounding it, doing so in their own way.
So in Heliophobia gameplay you will have to sneak, hide and run. Since there are a slew of horrific monsters across a vast nocturnal metropolis.
Also explore a wide variety of locations. While you uncover secrets and piece together fragments of a deep, interwoven story. Navigate sections of a seemingly endless city filled with claustrophobic alleyways, labyrinthine tunnels, and dreary establishments. Since you encounter segments of nerve-wracking terror. Broken up by exploration, puzzle-solving and world-building sections. Providing brief respite from high-anxiety encounters.
Heliophobia first person horror Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Surreal Horror – Monsters and nefarious humans are not the only things to fear. The entire world feels just a few degrees off from “normal”.
- Non-Linear Mystery – Segments of the story branch off and unlock in non-chronological order. Any completed section can be returned to for further investigation.
- Glitch Senses – Heavy glitch effects serve as both visual flair and a “sixth sense” for nearby dangers. Use them to your advantage, or disable the effects entirely.
- Survive On Your Terms – Despite the claustrophobic setting, many levels feature multiple routes or varied solutions to puzzles.
- No Cheap Jump Scares – Building atmosphere and dread are central to the overall experience. While some moments may be surprising, none are played just for an empty reaction.
- Outside The Comfort Zone – Each challenge is presented with a new setting, format, or set of rules. No two sections should feel exactly the same, leading to a feeling of gnawing unease.
A new horror launches on Steam:
Heliophobia is available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. Priced at $8.99 USD including the 10% discount until October 25th. Where the priced returns to the full $9.99 USD, the same as Itch.io.