Since #supernatural investigative hunting RPG Hellhunter is coming to #gaming in #2017. There seems to be some debate with developer Ballistic Interactive regarding a day one Linux release. Since both the Kickstarter and IndieDB page do list Linux as supported platform. We may not necessarily see a day-one native release. In fact we are missing platform support on the Steam page. Yet the Greenlight page does list Linux, which is a plus.
“At this point in time we are not 100% sure linux will make it for the initial release. Therefore we didn’t add it to the steam page.”
So this sounds fair enough, it’s not a No at all. Since the developer did not mention any drawbacks in the email. We have issued a Discussion post via Steam to show some Tux love. Simply to get some further hype for the day one release and help encourage Ballistic Interactive.
Since their Kickstarter did not succeed, they are using “other funding avenues.” As the team continues to move ahead with the coming 2017 release.
Hellhunter gaming has the player assume the role of a freelance hunter. While building his career towards uncovering the ultimate terror. Since you are tracking a bloody trail across rural Australia. Doing so for almost a decade, following the beast that took your family. Leading to a small town of Windsor Heights. Ever since the reopening of Ravenhall Manor, townspeople have started to go missing. While strange sightings have been recorded around the town. From spectral women beckoning people into the fog, to spiders as large as wolves.
- Hellhunter is a hardcore single player hunting game. Centralized around investigating and hunting supernatural enemies.
- Dark & unique art direction, using light & shadows to create a mysterious haunting atmosphere. With carefully tailored animation bringing the game to life.
- Procedural level generation, mixed with dynamic clue and enemy generation. Making for a massively replayable gaming experience. Clues are logically scattered around the level which the player has to find and decipher.
- Character progression & customization. Using countless hightech gadgets, weapons and consumables.
- Contrasting gameplay, starts with careful investigation involving stealth. But progresses to fast paced intense combat by the end of a job.
So in each job undertaking, the level is procedurally generated. Therefore the true identity of the supernatural creature is not revealed. There it is up to the player to explore and investigate. Which ultimately effects the fight at the end of every job. While also creating an intense and unique experience for every hunt. Since death lurks in every corner. Do you have what it takes to become a hellhunter?
While no specific release date has been issued for Hellhunter in 2017. We are keen to share some Linux love and help support that day one launch.