Developer Cradle Games and publisher tinyBuild have good news. Since they are announcing details about the Kickstarter backed RPG Hellpoint. Which is scheduled for simultaneous release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. As well as PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 16th.
Hellpoint – Date Announce Trailer
Hellpoint is an intense, dark sci-fi RPG. That also takes place in a derelict space station. Orbiting an ominous supermassive black hole. And certainly taking inspiration from games like Dark Souls and Dead Space. Along with movies like Event Horizon and Hellraiser.
As such, Hellpoint is doubling down on co-op multiplayer. While coming with split screen and online support. So that gameplay will immerse players in a twisted story. Including Cosmic Gods, quantum physics, and extinct space civilizations.
Likewise, the game takes place in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm. This is called the Merge. Somehow, as a result, you wake up on board the Irid Novo space station. A beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration. And consequently, this has gone horribly wrong. What happens next in Hellpoint will be a result of your choices.
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting. Explore the empty space station of Irid Novo in Hellpoint. Face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, The intense atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will also keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master. Slightly transforming the game world every time you die. While triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session. Or simply call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
- Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Hellpoint action RPG is due to launch on April 16th. With a day one release date for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Making a debut directly on Steam. Although the Kickstarter outlines a GOG DRM-free launch as well.