Some of the better news, the new chapter in the Book of Hammerwatch for 2018. Hence Heroes of Hammerwatch coming to Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. Yet the roguelike hack and slash RPG/adventure games also getting sequel, Hammerwatch 2.
While the games not formally announced just yet it is coming. The details are as follows, “Hammerwatch 2 news will have to wait a little while. Perhaps end of next week or the week after. Where I will give a similar post but focus on that game alone.”
So not bad news by any means for 2018. Since Heroes of Hammerwatch itself is set in the same world as Hammerwatch and its expansion, The Sun Temple. Expect a Linux build.
Therefore, players take control of any of the 7 heroes. All while venturing out from the Town of Outlook above Aridara and climb the Tower of Exhaustion. Through various different environments, of course. And while Hammerwatch uses all static designs for levels and a clear path. Now Heroes of Hammerwatch has generated random levels. Including a mix of traps, puzzles, items and more.
Heroes of Hammerwatch is not only random and generated, it’s also persistent. Which is something people ask about every now and then in the forums. So while the games levels and such are random. Your hero will have a save with all of his/hers progress when it comes to skills and such.
The town you constantly upgrade to unlock more features will also be saved. But for all your heroes, you can create new Heroes and they can continue to build up the town.
Heroes of Hammerwatch Features:
- Random generated levels – each time you enter a level, a new layout with different features will generated for you.
- Persistent Heroes – your progress saves. So each time you restart the game or die you can choose to continue with your Hero. Or create a new one. This time you can customize your heroes better too, with colors on different parts of the body and such, make it more unique to your own likings.
- Upgradable town – the town is the starting point for your Heroes which you will return to between sessions. Construct buildings to allow Heroes to upgrade even further. Then unlock new Heroes and a lot more things. The town remains upgraded even if you choose to create a new Hero.
- Items – Heroes of Hammerwatch features over 100 different items with various rarity, some with extreme abilities. Items are available in town, in chests or secrets. While also be being a reward that some enemies drop.
- Enemies – Fight hordes of enemies all with different stats and functions, several big and smaller bosses all with unique looks and behavior.
- Environments – Using some old themes from the first Hammerwatch, Heroes of Hammerwatch also adds new and fresh themes thrown into the mix.
- Co-op – Bring your Hero into someone elses town and help them out, or have up to 3 of your friends join your own town.
Heroes of Hammerwatch is coming with a release Q1 2018 for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. Similar to the original Hammerwatch. Crackshell will select a few people from the community to beta test as well. More information available via the official website.