Himno peaceful 2D platformer is Free on Steam for Windows, but the games playable on a Linux PC. Well all thanks to developer David Moralejo Sánchez. Which also deserves a mention.
Himno is clearly not a native Linux game. But according testing and the results on ProtonDB. The game works at a Platinum level. And the Steam reviews are Very Positive 84%. You know, to provide you with some inspiration.
Himno was created a long time ago. This was also a private project that David Moralejo Sánchez played. To have some casual gaming de-stress himself.
So little by little he fell in love with the project. Which is also why he decided to share it Free.
Therefore, if you enjoy simple games. While mixing in both platforming and parkour. Himno will keep your attention.
Since the controls are super intuitive and easy. There is an endless amount of procedurally generated maps. So you explore and overcome challenges in many different ways. Which takes you back to the old 8-bit platformers.
Himno is a peaceful, 2D platformer game with an infinite number of beautiful procedurally generated maps. Take a breath, and relax.
Himno Official Launch Trailer (Windows, playable on Linux)
Featuring jumping and watching the world created:
- Non-violent, no death in Himno
- Your actions in the world trigger emotional soundtracks and vibrant visuals
- Wall-jumps, slides, dashes, moving platforms, lifts
- Play at your own pace without pressure
- Watch bright things dance around you
- Great for playing for a little while every now and then to discover some new maps
- Enjoyable by a wide variety of player skill
New changes in latest update:
- NEW Wisp Garden, when you fall to the water. You will appear on the Wisp Garden. Here you will also see all the Wisp you released during the run. If you interact with one. For the next run you will start with it.
- Now each Wisp has its passive in Himno. This will affect the mobility of the player. While guiding you towards the exit or it will release you coins. (8 in total)
- Save System (It will only save: player level & current district)
- Some bug fixes.
Himno is a peaceful 2D platformer, Free on Windows, but playable on Linux. Also, this is a rather fun game. And a great casual game to play via Proton.