HIVE: Altenum Wars 2.5D sidescrolling action will be coming to Linux, beside Mac and Windows. The games also available now thanks to Catness Game Studio. Priced at $9.99/€9.99/£7.99 on Early Access. While delivering a never-seen-before Hero Shooter experience. Sorry, this is not another trendy Battle Royale.
Linux support according to Catness Game Studios:
“We are a small team doing a lot of things (right now we are only 2 developers), but the version of Linux is on our plans for sure. We are using Unreal Engine 4, anyway, we will do it. Right now we are solving some bugs for the MAC version, and doing a port to PS4, but after these are solved, we will do a port for Linux.”
Since this means we will have to wait, not a bad sign. This must means we are more likely to get a better Linux release.
So HIVE: Altenum Wars comes with true 2.5D sidescrolling action in hexagonal arenas. And these arenas are called Hexadiums. Players will also be facing six different types of gravity. Which is a major threat, moreso than your opponents.
This is multiplayer, eSport-focused shooter offers fast-paced battles with up to 10 players. As well as a solo or 2 player coop survival mode. This game is also about adapting, fighting and surviving. So you will have to be faster, smart and lethal.
HIVE: Altenum Wars Trailer (Windows, Mac and then Linux)
- Hexagonal battlefield: The hexagon is divided 6 zones, each one has its own gravity direction
- Fast paced gameplay: fast impulse system (Dash), open spaces and low gravity
- Hero shooter: Four different factions , up to 10 characters with unique abilities and stats
- Customize abilities and weapons: Each character/player have more than six weapons at their own discretion
- lLocal and online multiplayer: Play split screen, online mode, or combine them!
- e-Sports oriented, competitive feeling: Leagues and competitive matches!
- Single player mode: If you are a lone wolf , Survival mode is your choice!
- Online Multi-Player, Local Multi-Player, Co-op, Online Co-op, Local Co-op,
Shared/Split Screen, Steam Achievements, Full controller support
Since this is just the beginning. This is what is available now is the core content. HIVE: Altenum Wars will continue to grow over time with new modes, tournaments, Hexadiums, heroes and features. Catness Game Studios plans to first issue crossplay between PlayStation 4 and PC. Which will be available very soon. Which we are also eager to see support for Linux.
“We want to optimize it properly for Linux (also Mac) users (TBD). Regarding crossplay, definitely it is a possibility but as I mentioned. First we want to focus on getting a solid version for Linux and Mac users.”
So you have to give props to Catness Games for their effort. Seriously, I know we have to wait but you can feel the Tux Love here.
HIVE: Altenum Wars 2.5D sidescrolling action is available now on Steam. Priced at $9.99 USD for Mac and Windows. While Linux will be coming later. No release date has been specified yet.