So Hive Jump the #runngun #roguelike platformer launches next week on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence this cross-platform title presents a heap of challenge for 1-4 players. Since each player takes on the roll of a space marine called Jumpers. Each must fight hive-dwelling aliens for the fate of the galaxy. So this is definitely not a puzzle game.
[the_ad id=”42213″]While gameplay is set in the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Since you are outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet. So band together in Local or Online Co-op to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and discover lost relics. Hence defeating fierce alien bosses to complete your mission and save the galaxy.
Hive Jump Features
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play single player, or 2-4 player co-op. (local or online)
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed by the aliens you have no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies await in the hive.
- Upgradeable Sci-Fi Weapons: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of experimental bombs and weapons.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to upgrade your arsenal.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode.
- Controller Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
Blast your way through procedurally generated hives full of hazards, swarms of aliens, and ferocious bosses.
So Hive Jump launches on January 18th at 9am CST via Steam next week. Available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Do you and your friends have what it takes to deliver the payload, then nuke the queen? Or will you end up as bug food like all the rest?