Hoist the Sails game update out now for Barotrauma on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the ongoing work and dedication of developer FakeFish and Undertow Games. Which is available now on both Steam and Humble Store.
Developers FakeFish and Undertow Games are happy to extend an open invitation for gamers worldwide. Due to try Barotrauma for free this coming weekend. Deep divers and submarine crews better strap in and prepare. While they submerge into the amazing frozen depths of the oceans of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Diong so free of charge, starting now until October 9th at 1 PM Pacific Time. Barotrauma is currently available through Steam Early Access with a new Hoist the Sails update.
Free Weekend and Discount:
To complement an already exciting weekend on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Daedalic Entertainment is also happy to confirm more news. Barotrauma will sport a staggering 75% discount on Steam. Due to span the entire weekend and ending on Thursday, October 20th at 10 AM Pacific time. No better time than the present to get your feet in the Hoist the Sails update. While adding Barotrauma to your library!
Barotrauma Feature Trailer
Barotrauma is a co-op sci-fi-inspired 2D submarine sim. Which also offers survival horror elements that will keep even the most experienced of captains on the edge of their seats. The game takes place in the frozen oceans of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Which will have players exploring the hostile depths of the mysterious Galilean Satellite. All while working and repairing a multi-station submarine. Fending off the many creatures living in the dangerous waters around you. Man a wide range of submarines and deploy solo or with crews of up to 16 players online!
Hoist the Sails will be the final major content update ahead of the game’s full release in early 2023. It comes with a wide array of additions and changes. Including performance upgrades and an entirely new transport sub. The removal of the Deep Diver class, re-worked upgrade systems, and the addition of submarine tiers. There are new and better categorization for weapons. Also a ton of quality of life upgrades.
Full Hoist the Sails update breakdown:
- New vanilla sub dubbed, The Camel: An early-game transport submarine.
- Sleeker submarine upgrades system: fewer upgrades for greater gain at a time. Welcoming some class-specific upgrades to make the submarine classes stand out better.
- No more Deep Diver: This class offers little advantage. Due to being able to take you through the last levels of a campaign. Deciding to remove it altogether. Deep Divers become Scouts in Hoist the Sails. You will be able to finish the campaign on any ship that you have upgraded enough.
- A new submarine tier system: Besides being of a specific class, subs will now be ranking in tiers (I–III) depending on how advanced they are. Tier is assigned based on a submarine’s price and can be adjusted in the Sub Editor. Tier and class together determine the maximum limit for upgrades for a sub. Also making it more easier to buy new subs as well as upgrade existing ones.
- New and bigger guns!
- Tutorials Reworked: Hoist the Sails has a new set of tutorials coming to the game. All in an effort to make onboarding a little easier for new players. First off, players will be greeted by a basic tutorial to bring in general mechanics. Useful for all player roles. After that, the player will be free to access more role specific tutorials.
- Performance and quality of life updates!
Barotrauma is currently available through Steam Early Access. Priced at $7.49 USD/ £5.37 / 6,24€. Regular price on Humble Store. Due to release its 1.0 version early in 2023. Along with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.
The Hoist the Sails update, along with the free weekend. The special weekend deal are live right now.