So in gaming news, Hollow Knight is developer #TeamCherry’s first #game, hence the 2014 Kickstarter. While currently in development and the team is preparing for the launch on February 24 for Mac and Windows PC. Since #Unity is the game engine being used, a Linux release will follow the games launches.
“We do plan to port the game to Linux shortly after PC/Mac launch on Feb 24th. We definitely recommend playing the game with a gamepad/controller!”
Hollow Knight is a challenging platformer, beautiful action adventure game. While set in the vast, inter-connected underground kingdom of Hallownest. So this 2D action games emphasis is on skill and exploration. Hence Hollow Knight has players fighting a fearsome host of deadly creatures. While also avoiding intricate traps and solving ancient mysteries through fungal wastes, forests of bone and ruined underground cities.
So the atmosphere is eerie and sometimes unnerving, but there is a good-hearted challenging platformer full of humour. Plus some levity in there too, especially when conversing with all of the games weird and wonderful NPC’s. Hollow Knight has beautiful traditional art, fluid and responsive action, a challenging platformer but fair gameplay. and a bizarre insect world begging to be explored and conquered.
Hollow Knight Features:
- A beautiful, eerie world of insects and heroes.
- Traditional 2D animation brings creatures and characters to life.
- Challenging gameplay that can be difficult but always fair.
- Fluid and responsive action allows you to flow through combat like water.
- A collection of challenging “feats” the most skilled players can strive for.
- Find powerful new abilities and spells on your adventure to grow stronger and open new paths.
- Speak with a weird, intriguing cast of characters.
- Explore a vast, connected underground world.
- Scour the world for hidden secrets – powerful artifacts, piles of riches, and surprising encounters.
- Go Dream Diving! Venture into the minds of friends and enemies and discover the strange worlds that await within.
- Head to town to seek advice, purchase new items, and chat with quirky townsfolk.
- Hidden areas full of the toughest challenges and battles, for expert players.
- Ancient mysteries hidden about the world waiting to be solved by the most observant investigators.
So Hollow Knight will be available on Steam come February 24th. Hopefully with a launch day discount, although unconfirmed at the time of writing this gaming news post.