Since Hollow Knight is the first game from #developer Team Cherry. Hence we are please to bring about some positive gaming news. The Linux #Beta for the game is finally alive, since in testing.
So Hollow Knight is a classic styled 2D action adventure #metroidvania. Where players will have to explore twisting caverns. Mind their way through ancient cities and deadly wastes. All while battling tainted creatures and befriending bizarre bugs. Trying to solve ancient mysteries at the kingdom’s heart.
How to play the Linux Beta of Hollow Knight:
- Right-click Hollow Knight and select Properties
- Select the Beta tab
- Then select “beta-linux” in the drop-down list, click Close
- Then right-click Hollow Knight in your library, select Install
So we did some gaming, play testing the Beta. The Steam Controller gets picked up right away. While there might be some pauses during gameplay. Yet the game should run just fine on most Linux installs.
- Classic side-scrolling action, with all the modern trimmings.
- Tightly tuned 2D controls. Dodge, dash and slash your way through even the most deadly adversaries.
- Explore a vast interconnected world of forgotten highways, overgrown wilds and ruined cities.
- Forge your own path! The world of Hallownest is expansive and open. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
- Evolve with powerful new skills and abilities! Gain spells, strength and speed. Leap to new heights on ethereal wings. Dash forward in a blazing flash. Blast foes with fiery Soul!
- Equip Charms! Ancient relics that offer bizarre new powers and abilities. Choose your favourites and make your journey unique!
- An enormous cast of cute and creepy characters all brought to life with traditional 2D frame-by-frame animation.
- Over 130 enemies! 30 epic bosses! Face ferocious beasts and vanquish ancient knights on your quest through the kingdom. Track down every last twisted foe and add them to your Hunter’s Journal!
- Leap into minds with the Dream Nail. Uncover a whole other side to the characters you meet and the enemies you face.
- Beautiful painted landscapes, with extravagant parallax, give a unique sense of depth to a side-on world.
- Chart your journey with extensive mapping tools. Buy compasses, quills, maps and pins to enhance your understanding of Hollow Knight’s many twisting landscapes.
- A haunting, intimate score accompanies the player on their journey, composed by Christopher Larkin. The score echoes the majesty and sadness of a civilisation brought to ruin.
- Complete Hollow Knight to unlock Steel Soul Mode, the ultimate challenge!