The next entry in the Homefront line of games is set to be delivered in “The Revolution“, a game previewed today by #Crytek UK. This game’s first preview #announcement #trailer shows cenematics, but is indicative of what we’ll be seeing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Linux and Mac in 2015. This game will almost certainly be detailed at length at E3 2014.
This game will be developed by Crytek’s Nottingham studio and will work with the latest in CRYENGINE technology. This game will also feature the first collaboration between Crytek and the team at Deep Silver. You’ll recognize the Deep Silver logo if you’ve ever played Saint’s Row.
According to Deep Silver’s plot description, the country “has become a ghetto, where surveillance drones and armoured patrols keep the population at heel, crushing any dissent with savage force.”
In the bombed out streets and abandoned subways of the Red Zone, a Resistance is forming: “A guerrilla force, determined to fight for their freedoms despite overwhelming odds and ignite the second American Revolution.”
Homefront The Revolution features:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online co-op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux in 2015. Mention of Linux is also indicative of this game’s release through Steam and to SteamOS eventually.
We at Linux Game News have been looking forward to seeing a hint of detail for the upcoming Homefront: The Revolution (aka Homefront 2). The upcoming features are looking very impressive.
What are you thoughts and expectations for Homefront: The Revolution?