Horror Story: Hallowseed psychological horror game dev working on support for Linux with Windows PC. According to further details from developer Jeff Winner. Getting ready for a full release on Steam and Humble Store. Which still holds 84% Very Positive reviews.
Horror Story: Hallowseed has a new early access content update. Which is available right now to download and play. This new update does more than just bring in new content. Since it offers more than a bigger map and new items. But it’s basically a complete rework of the previous Early Access version. This also includes re-imagined levels, improved visuals, new micro scares, and puzzles.
Horror Story: Hallowseed is a story driven psychological horror game. Currently in early access with a full game release planned for October 28th, 2021. On top of this, Linux support is currently in the works for the Unreal Engine 4 game. All thanks to an email from Jeff Winner stating, “I’m going to make a Linux build today”.
While this is good news, 1C Entertainment has to open up the Beta branch on Steam. Plus there may be a post coming to the Linux_gaming subreddit looking for testers soon. Seeing the full release is due to enter Beta testing in the coming weeks. But definitely before Halloween.
Horror Story: Hallowseed – Early Access Content Update Trailer
Horror Story: Hallowseed follows an obscure event. This in turn causes two of your friends to disappear when camping. Left alone and stranded in an unknown place, you need to seek the answers. This also means you must face the horror and find your friends.
- Story-rich – The player follows the story of a village that used to follow God’s way. But an obscure power seduced some of the people and condemned them to the darkness. While seeking to save his friends, Michael will uncover what role he plays in all of this tragedy.
- Atmospheric – Immersive sound and stunning visuals in Horror Story: Hallowseed
- Micro scares system – a random system of… scary events that are activated. All based on how the player interacts with the setting. Due to make you jump from your chair (or couch)!
- Inspired by Horror Movie Classics: Insidious, The Conjuring, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose
- Hallowseed is the first chapter in the Horror Story series by Jeff Winner
The psychological horror is currently available for $14.99 USD / €14.99 EUR. Along with a 20% weeklong discount on Steam. But Horror Story: Hallowseed can be purchased via Humble Store. Currently only available for Windows PC. But Linux support is due to arrive in the next few weeks.