Horticular garden builder game gets a Linux and Windows PC Demo. Which is the result of the creative efforts of developer inDirection Games. Which is available for players on Steam.
Developer Robert Kaufmann, Founder of inDirection Games, is pleased to release the demo. While giving players a chance to play the upcoming cosy garden-builder Horticular. Which begins with mysterious gnomes summoning you. Their wish? For you to breathe new life into a long-lost garden, left by its previous caretaker.
Horticular Reveal Trailer (Linux, Windows PC)
Enter a magical world of Horticular, where you build up a lush garden at your own pace. In your journey, you attract adorable animals to live in every corner. You will also uncover helpful upgrades and assist quirky characters for rewards and a story. All while juggling decay and fending off corruption sent by your nemesis!
- Creative Freedom: Build and expand the garden of your dreams. Doing so with hundreds of unlockable surface types and items. You set the pace and what to do next. Whether it be developing a new vegetable area and progressing a lucrative story arc. Or just sitting back and admiring your Horticular creation. Since this horticultural creation will be unique to you!
- Animal Ecosystem: Create and preserve animal habitats to attract adorable creatures. Each species has its own requirements to fulfill before they pay you a visit. So you have to plan ahead if you want them all. Should you not take proper care of your inhabitants, they may leave you.
- Immersive World: Delve into your personal horticultural garden diorama. Complete with a day-night cycle and weather effects. But while a rainy and lantern lit evening may be cozy, it is not just for show. You will find that darkness attracts unsavory characters in Horticular. Some animals prefer specific weather conditions. While lightning strikes loom under stormy skies.
Upgrades and Magic:
- Maintaining Magic: Nurture your garden with magic. Over time, you will have to deal with unhappy animals and garden decay. Also strange corrupted agents sent by your nemesis. Due to a blend of helpful gnomes and your own magical gardening gloves. You are sure to keep an everblooming setting.
- Garden Upgrades: Choose how your gardening journey develops by upgrading abilities to suit your Horticular play-style. Investing in new items to rebuild with. Since you make the decision, every playthrough is personal.
- Pen Pals: Encounter multiple quirky characters writing you letters throughout the story. Each person has their own specialty, and they often give you tasks to carry out in exchange for a reward. What you decide to pursue is completely up to you. There is always something waiting to be done.
Horticular garden builder game has a Demo for Linux and Windows PC. Which you play now and Wishlist on Steam. The release date is still TBD.