Huntdown new comedy shooter game announced for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Easy Trigger Games and publisher Coffee Stain Publishing. Which is coming to Steam, but due to release soon on Epic Games Store.
Huntdown is an 80’s inspired bounty hunting pixel art action comedy shooter. due to release on screens near you, May 12th. The 16-bit platformer will launch on Windows PC via the Epic Games Store. Which means using Lutris until the full release. The game is also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. But there is a Steam page highlighting a May 2021 release. Also leading me to believe that this coming release may be more early access. Either way, the trailer is indeed enticing.
Huntdown Reveal Trailer 2020 (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Since Huntdown offers players a chance to cleanse crime. While hunting in pairs with local co-op. Or maybe go lone wolf in the mean streets of mayhem. Set in a bleak dystopian future where sadistic gangs rule and cops fear to tread. Seeing only three legendary bounty hunters have the arsenal and killer instincts. So they can take back the city from the corrupt fist of felony.
Inspired by the action movies and pop culture of the 80’s. Therefore, expect a gritty, violent twist. Huntdown is an old school arcade side scroller for the modern bounty hunter. The slick platformer features hand painted 16-bit pixel art graphics. There are also hand-drawn animations, combined with fluid action packed 60-FPS gameplay. Along with an epic 80s soundtrack pumping dark wave, industrial synth, hard rock and electro through 20 unique levels.
- Two player local co-op
- Three legendary Huntdown bounty hunters to play as:
- Anna Conda: Ex-commando and firearms expert. A loose-cannon trained to assassinate without question or mercy.
- John Sawyer: Special forces cop who left the law behind. This scarred veteran has lost so many limbs in combat he’s half robot.
- Mow Man: Modified recon droid, stolen and empowered with banned software. Trades bodies for cold hard cash.
- 20 levels: Gritty, neon soaked, graffiti strewn 80s cityscapes to cleanse, each with their own infamous gang boss to terminate and bounty to collect.
- Unique gangs to target in Huntdown:
- Hoodlum Dolls: Violent feral punks winning the gang war with the toothless authorities
- Misconducts: Organised hockey hooligans, experts in robbery and extortion with a penchant for explosives
- The Heatseekers: Murderous motorcycle club. These rockabilly villains style themselves on the centurions of Ancient Rome
- NO.1 Suspects: Masters of discipline and organised crime. Martial arts experts, these slick psychopaths control the night through their casinos and nightclubs
- Choose your weapon: Confiscate machine guns, laser weapons, katanas, grenades and more, and turn them on their owners. Stab, shoot and explode your way through swathes of gangs and bosses and collect your bounty.
Huntdown comedy shooter is due to release on Windows PC. With Linux coming in 2021 via Steam. The games also going to be priced at $19.99 USD. Should you choose to jump into the Epic Games Store release.