Fancy Fish Games is pleased to announced their third #Steam offering, I Can’t Escape: Darkness has quickly become the company’s best-selling game on the Linux, Mac and Windows PC platforms. To celebrate the news, Fancy Fish Games produced a short #compilation of YouTube #LetsPlay videos, highlighting some of the best reactions by players from around the world.
The compilation is available here:
Customer reaction to I Can’t Escape: Darkness on Steam has been overwhelmingly positive, with a 93% rating on the storefront, and players have been eager to “Tweet their death” using the special in-game feature.
- An Infinitely Replayable Living, Breathing Dungeon – Experience dim hallways and caves carved out for unknown purposes and designed to trap all who dare enter. One false step, and you will fall into darkness forever; and when you return, nothing will be exactly as you remembered.
- The Truth About The Darkness – Discover clues about the tomb and the story of The Darkness as you try to make your escape.
- A Guaranteed Uneasy Feeling in the Pit of Your Stomach – The very walls want you to stay; they will try everything to keep you trapped in the dark. Your eyes and ears will mislead you – you’ll want to get the hell out of the dungeon as fast as you can.
- The More You Explore, The More You Will Find – Secrets, surprises, and special rooms are hidden on every floor.
- Tweet Your Escape… Or Your Death – When you die, you can let your Twitter followers know how far you made it and what killed you, or perhaps if you’re lucky, how long it took you to escape!
Critics also weighed in: “It will torment you,” says SavingContent.com; “Fancy Fish Games has managed to create the most difficult to reproduce terror; psychological,” says Arcadian.vg, and GamesFiends.com sums up the experience with “…its great strength is in creating a very, very tense atmosphere, pressing players to keep moving towards things they’d rather not meet anywhere, let alone the dark.”
I Can’t Escape: Darkness is an atmospheric horror adventure game that pulls you into a living dungeon where everything conspires against your escape. It is an immersive journey into the unknown, personified by the Darkness itself. Your odds of escape are slim, and when you fail, the dungeon will change before you can try again. Defend yourself from the Darkness with whatever light you can find; once your light burns out, the Darkness will consume you.
I Can’t Escape: Darkness is available now on Steam for $11.99 on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.