I See Red twin-stick shooter game aims at Proton for Linux via Windows PC. Thanks for further details and confirmation from developer Whiteboard Games. Working to make its way onto both Steam and Humble Store.
I See Red is a fast-paced and frantic story of rage and revenge. The year is 2621. You are an outlaw traveling the infinite depths of space. You are also searching for those who have wronged you to dish out the ultimate punishment. With a unique dichromatic aesthetic, your view of the world is consumed by wrath. Doing so as the targets of your retribution appear in a deathly red. While the rest of the world around you fades to gray. Consumed by anger, everything that surrounds you can be destroyed. Such as ship hardware, furniture, and most importantly, I See Red enemies.
Linux support via Proton:
While we have no plans at the moment we have tested the game using Valve’s Proton and it works great!
You can also see the Steam comment for yourself. But testing out the free Steam Demo, the twin-stick shooter game is developed via Unity 3D. Which should also make Steam Deck functionality straight forward. That being said, the I See Red Press Kit does show Linux support. So the Proton comment could be the result of the developer taking the easy route. BUT, you can also share your Tux Love too.
In I See Red you will also uncover a host of diverse weaponry and augments. Along with skills and abilities to lay waste to your foes as brutally as they deserve. As a top-down, twin-stick roguelite, every playthrough unlocks a stronger version of yourself. Doing so as you improve your very own cloning machine. Bring entire ships to total collapse and exercise justice against invading spaceships. Even with robots, aliens, humans — the entire galaxy. Rage and crush them all. While you rage and make them pay. Rage and get your revenge. You. Must. Not. Stop.
I See Red reveal Trailer:
- Variety of Opponents: Humans, aliens or robots—they all have their own ways of trying to put an early end to your vengeance! In order to prevail, you must adapt your tactics to numerous different types of opponents.
- Action-Packed Gunfights: Enjoy fast-paced gunfights and the I See Red destructible cover. There are also a variety of weapon types that will help you sow death and destruction. Put your lightning-fast reflexes to the test. Doing so when opponents suddenly teleport behind you.
- Let Your Rage Run Wild!: Sparks are flying in close combat, too! Use your grappling hook to quickly pull yourself towards opponents and deliver the final, bloody blow. Unleash your rage once you have collected enough energy and regenerate health with each kill.
- Combos Do the Trick!: Throughout the game, you receive a number of randomly generated passive skills. This also turns each run into a unique experience.
- Death Is Not the End: Thanks to cloning technology, you can always give it another try should your opponents ever get the better of you. Collect materials to strengthen your character’s attributes.
- Dystopian Sci-Fi World: The unique art style draws you into a dark sci-fi world with a vengeful anti-hero. One who, quite literally, sees red. This innovative design choice allows you to see everything important at a glance. The dynamic music system always provides you with the right soundtrack!
I See Red twin-stick shooter will be available on Steam and Humble Store. Coming to Windows PC, but playable on Linux via Proton, in 2022. The release date is still TBD. Due to be priced at $19.99 USD / £15.49 / 16,79€/