+Beamdog has so far been responsible for bringing Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition to #Linux, Mac, Windows PC, and Android, which if you followed all of that game’s development then you know all about the red tape that just about killed the game’s release. Well yesterday Beamdog quietly released another classic #RPG and this time it is Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. This PDF breaks it all down.
The original version of this game was actually released back in June 30th, 2000 for PC gamers to enjoy. This new Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale comes with plenty of improvements and goodies that the original didn’t have. Interestingly enough, this game was slated for release but once again red tape has gotten in the way of another Beamdog release but thankfully this time it only affects the iOS release.
Icewind Dale Features:
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from more than 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- A New Look: Experience the Enhanced Edition’s all new interface, including the new Quickloot bar.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Enjoy the countless bug fixes and improvements that await you in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition!
Icewind Dale takes place in the Forgotten Realms universe which was part of the original tabletop series from Wizards of the Coast. Players will be journeying deep into the Spine of the World mountains which is a particularly harsh and unforgiving territory. As you can imagine, players will be encountering plenty of strong monsters and other types of enemies who want to simply end your existence. Your adventure will take you to these mountains, not only on the outside of them, but also within them through caverns and other underground areas as you try to put an end to the evil that lurks beneath these mountains.
For those of you who are a fan of the original game or just anything related to Dungeons & Dragons type of games, you’ll probably want to grab of a copy of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. To download a copy, you’ll need to pay $19.99 in order to throw yourself into the face of danger.