Right now in gaming news, the #FPS rogue-lite Immortal Redneck #launches on Steam. Hence the game that mixes old-school #shooter style gaming for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While also including plenty of action with rogue-lite mechanics. So frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style feel meet procedural dungeons. Loaded with a complete skill tree, perma-death and 9 classes with different traits.
So gaming revolves around a redneck tourist. Hence waking up mummified in ancient Egypt after an accident. Why is he here? How did he survive the accident? And why the hell is he mummified?
This answer lies within the three danger-filled pyramids of Giza. Which is of course protected by an army of monsters and huge bosses. Obviously, the players mission is to get inside the pyramids. Wait for the big news…kill all the enemies. Since you still have no idea what’s going on.
- RogueLite mechanics: procedurally generated dungeons, classes and skills. Permanent death as well, but with gameplay progression
- Nine playable classes: all with different skill sets. Players can switch classes between each play through. Selecting the one most suitable for their current run
- Complete skill tree: evolve your character, buying equipment and weapons, upgrading and acquiring new skills
- History Mode: single player game mode. Clear all the pyramids in order to complete the game.
- Twitch Quest: special mode for streamers integrated with the Twitch API
- Over 50 different weapons: traditional firearms, magical, mythological, futuristic or just plain weird weapons including a Potato Launcher. You name it, this game has it.
- Over 100 scroll modifiers: Each scroll picked up in-game changes your current run, for good. So convert your enemies in to chickens or for bad (reduces your speed of movement) and everything in between!
- Huge bosses: two in each pyramid
- Merchant: Buy equipment and supplies that will be maintained between different games, even when you die
- Skill Rooms: hone your skills in rooms focused on platforming and avoiding a variety of traps
So Immortal Redneck now officially launches on Steam for Linux. Also, available for Mac and Windows PC.