So with the purchase of the Imperium Galactica franchise in February 2016. Hence #THQNordic #promise to keep the IP alive is valid. So now both parts of the game are available on all major ESD platforms (Steam, GoG, etc.). This is what has been done with the versions:
- Dosbox emulation for Windows 7, 8, 10
Imperium Galactica 2:
- Made compatible with modern OS (e.g. Windows 7, 8, 10, MAC, Linux)
- Support modern screen resolution
- Re-Implement multiplayer
- Redo interface graphics
- Redo planet surface/terrain graphics
- Increased rendering engine to support arbitrary screen resolutions and aspect ratios
- Updated, higher resolution user interface textures
- Changed lighting and shadowing quality on planet surfaces
- Updated planet view mode
- Added server browser for multiplayer mode
About Imperium Galactica
Since Imperium Galactica features an expansive and unique Sci-fi universe with multiple playable species. Hence players take the empire in your hands and guide it into the future. While using intrigue and spying to weaken your enemies and strengthen yourself. All while researching and building the most powerful military force in the universe.
So gamelay includes massive battles, universe spanning empires. Since the game also has 3 playable campaigns and countless possibilities through custom scenarios. Hence insuring you always have something to come back to. So take control, conquer the universe, and lead your species to ultimate domination… for the Imperium. What’s your strategy?
- Deep real-time strategy at its best
- One of the original genre defining 4x games
- Expanding the empire through colonization or conquest
- Huge space armadas
- Battles in both space and on ground
- Deep economy and population management
- Tons of researchable upgrades
- Customizable ships and tanks
- Challenging scenarios
- Galactic alliances
- 3 unique campaigns
So Imperium Galactica 2 is available on Steam and GOG. Hence the only release that has Linux, Mac and Windows PC support. While the first Imperium Galactica can likely be played in Wine.
Also, make sure to check out I Am The Hero and the coming Semispheres release.