[gigya height=”360″ src=”https://d3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net/321f/kickplayer.swf?” flashvars=”allowfullscreen=true&autostart=false&backcolor=000000&controlbar=over&file=https%3A%2F%2Fd2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net%2Fprojects%2F172708%2Fvideo-363458-h264_high.mp4&image=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fksr%2Fprojects%2F172708%2Fphoto-full.jpg&project_creators=A+Video+Games+project+by+Scott+Brodie&project_title=Hero+Generations&project_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F786551472%2Fhero-generations&screencolor=000000&skin=https%3A%2F%2Fd3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net%2Fcc3a%2Fkickskin.swf&wmode=opaque” width=”480″ ]
Heart Shaped Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign for Hero Generations, a quick-playing #turnbased strategy title that takes inspiration from #rogue-likes, 4X strategy, and independent art games. You play a rapidly aging hero that explores a procedurally #generated world in search of fame and a mate to settle down with before you die. After your life ends, you continue on adventuring as your child. Depending upon your choices, your child will be either more fit to take on the world, or hobbled by your poor decisions.
You play a rapidly aging hero that explores a procedurally generated world in search of fame and a mate to settle down with before you die. After your life ends, you continue on adventuring as your child. Depending upon your choices, your child will be either more fit to take on the world, or hobbled by your poor decisions.
*PROGRESS UPDATE*: We’re 60% funded!! Thank you so much. We’re also excited to announce Linux support!
Every turn confronts you with a meaningful choice about how you want to live your life. Do you stay safe and build up your hometown, or explore into the unknown in search of fame and fortune? Do you work to make the world better for your children, or do you selfishly pursue your own dreams?
6 Strategic Paths and Meaningful Choices: Heroes are judged by how famous they become in a single lifespan. Heroes grow and gain fame by completing quests and pursuing the following strategic paths:
- Strength: growing in size and strength let’s you battle the monsters in your path, and break down barriers to progress.
- Love: work to attract the mate of your dreams, and build an epic legacy of great heroes.
- Exploration: discover what is hidden underneath the clouds, and blaze trails to make traversing the world faster in the future.
- Wealth: collect gold so that you can create buildings in towns or buy items you can pass down to your children.
- Fame: gain fame directly by questing to return ancient artifacts, slaying procedurally generated boss monsters, and competing with other families for the throne.
- Building & Technology: craft amazing towns by building Barracks, Observatories, Museums, and Monuments that offer you helpful resources lasting across generations.
Limited Lifespan and Permadeath: each move your hero makes = 1 year of their life. Each hero has a limited lifespan (from 50-125 years) that puts pressure on you to think carefully about how you spend the years you have left.
Hero Generations is a very unique game for PC, Mac, and Linux release, along with the OUYA console, thanks to the “OUYA Double Our Funds” program. And you will want to check out the Kickstarter page for a full list of what the game offers. It’s quite impressive.