Linux Gaming News

IndieCity, a Digital Distribution Gaming Platform, Is Coming to Linux

IndieCity, a digital distribution platform for indie games in which the developers can create an online presence, build an audience, and distribute games, wants to expand into the Linux market.


Steam is acting like a vacuum cleaner for the Indie games developers, especially after Valve announced that their digital distribution platform would be launched on Linux.

By making such a bold move, Valve has convinced a lot of developers to make their games available for Linux, but there are other platforms out there that could promote Indie titles.

IndieCity is one of these platforms and they couldn’t have picked a better time to do it. They only lack a sufficient number of Linux game developers.

“We’ll soon be opening IndieCity up to Linux systems, so we’re on the look-out for people with Linux games and applications who’d like to be a part of the launch line-up” stated the official announcement.

They will be providing a client, and IndieCity needs beta testers to ensure that their platform will run on as many distros/architectures as possible.

Besides its interest in Linux, IndieCity is also looking for donations to keep the game developers on their online service.

“We’ve also just added a Tip Jar feature, which allows users to donate to developers if they want to. This means that even if you give your game away for free, you can still receive money for it.”

“Please note, we take 15% of this (regardless of whether or not you integrate with our achievements) to cover service fees, leaving 85% to the developer,” explained IndieCity in the same official announcement.

There were some rumors that would also try to make their games available for Linux, but for now that’s only wishful thinking from the fans.

In any case, if you are interested in the titles promoted by IndieCity, you should check out their official website.

Reblogged from:

”linux-game-gaming-gamer-news” title="Linux Game Gaming News

You Might Also Like