Infinite Desolation is a fusion of #intense top-down action and #survival #RPG that has been Greenlit on Steam. Gameplay takes place on a harsh planet where your physical and mental attributes of the player will be tested.
The objective? Stay alive, players have to battle not only hordes of tenacious creatures and robotic enemies, but also the environment.
To even the odds, players will build up a pretty impressive arsenal of weapons and special abilities, then level up and explore the environments.
Infinite Desolation is much more than a simple action game. Deep character progression, exploration and looting, crafting, day-night cycles, environmental hazards, classic survival mechanics and world-jumping portals are all part of the package.
A Linux release:
According to Far Flung Games, “the game is built on Unity 5 (latest build using 5.5 beta). It should be possible to do a Linux build without too much trouble.”
Unity 5.5 Beta is the build that has the experimental Vulkan support available. There is no word about that yet, but we are currently hoping to get into some Linux gameplay. More details coming soon.
Check out the gameplay trailer below:
Infinite Desolation Features:
- Character Creation – Choose from one of 5 classes: Grunt, Psion, Scout, Engineer or Marine. Define your custom character using S.P.A.C.E: Strength, Psi, Agility, Cunning and Endurance.
- Survive – Explore the dangerous environments to find Oxygen, Water, Nano-Med health packs.
- Scavenge – Find Materials for crafting in old wreckage.
- Craft – Create items such as Water Extractors, Oxygen Extractors, and even a Drone to fight by your side.
- Day/Night – Rest in dwellings to restore health and skip to the next day. Or just explore at night when the temperature is cooler to keep your hydration level higher for longer.
- Psi Abilities – Unlock and upgrade powerful abilities such as Heal, Blink, Speed and Repulse.
Higher level abilities can dish out massive damage. For example, leave a fire trail when you activate Speed Level 2, or blast all the enemies around you to pieces when using Repulse Level 2.
- Weapons – Collect unique weapons, ranging from the versatile M7 Fury plasma rifle to the truly devastating R-G Launcher, a combined rocket/grenade launcher.
- Interact – Find Power Cores to power up and interact with all sorts of devices: extend bridges, power up outposts, activate teleporters, and more.
- Intense Battles – At its heart, this is top-down horde rush shooter. You will engage in very intense battles. Blow up enemies by setting of explosive barrels, activate defence turrets to help you thin the crowd, plough into enemies using your upgraded Psi Abilities, or just send large flurries of rockets into the horde. You have many ways to beat down you foe.
- Doomed Mode – Battle to reach the top of the online score board in this intense mode where you play with a standard character with upgraded abilities. Destroy enemies in large numbers to push up your score multiplier. Keep moving to find oxygen, weapons, health and ammo. These high intensity rounds last about 5 minutes, but it will test your skills to the limit.
Infinite Desolation DEMO
There is a playable demo available right now for Windows and Mac! You can download the demo from the Gamejolt page.
**Please note, the current version of the demo does not include Co-op Mode.**
So that’s Infinite Desolation, the release date is scheduled for Q1 2017. So stay tuned.