INSOMNIA: The Ark working for day one Linux release beside Mac and Windows. Since this is what is available via Steam and Twitter, according to the developers statement.
Day One launch:
Check this Steam page out and take note. Which developer Studio MONO plans to update regularly. So expect to see the latest info, screenshots and other media. Or just leave feedback and stay in touch with the development team.
“We will do our best to make them available simultaneously.”
Insomnia – The Arc , Steampage is up for wishlisting.
Linux day 1 is envisioned.https://t.co/hY7LFx7gZY@gamingonlinux, @JugandoenLinux @holarse @PlayingTux @Games4Linux @linuxgamecons https://t.co/C4C271dQKF
— Nevertheless (@Levertheness) March 30, 2018
So now that we have some form of confirmation. It seems Linux and Mac support should be here on day-one. At least Studio MONO has issued a formal statement. We also have a new teaser trailer to check out.
INSOMNIA: The Ark – Official Teaser Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
INSOMNIA: The Ark Features
- Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous. Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Personalized journey. Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Your choices matter. INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Strategic real-time combat. INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- A rich universe. Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
Also in the Kickstarter update, there is beta test on the way. Since the developers have their hands full. We will have more details soon.