Insurgency: Sandstorm releases now on December 12th for Windows. While Linux support will take place in the early part of the new year.
While originally planned for launch this month. Insurgency: Sandstorm for the sequel to the critically-acclaimed indie hit Insurgency, will now release for Windows PC on December 12th.
Since pre-order sales are strong and player feedback from the Beta has confirmed the potential of the game. The extra time will also allow developers at New World Interactive to improve and polish their game. Making Insurgency: Sandstorm a stand-out title in the modern FPS genre.
While the on-going Pre-order Beta will be extended. So that the large and growing community can continue to play and support the game until release. Which does work on Linux via Proton, but for local gameplay only. Mind you co-op should work by linking up with someone from your Steam friends list.
Over the past few months, the dedicated Insurgency: Sandstorm community have been enjoying the intense, unique, and action-packed gameplay. While providing valuable feedback en masse. So these beta tests confirm the high quality of the core game. Also the decision to delay the release is a direct response to technical feedback. And the desire to refine the game with more polished content and higher performance on PC.
Insurgency: Sandstorm | Raw PvP Gameplay (Windows, Linux, Mac)
New community and online features will be available in the launch version. Guaranteeing Insurgency: Sandstorm will not only be a fantastic game. But also the true FPS experience fans have been waiting for. More details about the plans, as well as the improvements in the beta so far, in New World Interactive’s message to the community.
The major goals to achieve with this extra time are as follows:
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.20 and continue optimizing
- Improve the character models, textures, and animations in the game
- Improving the “scoped” experience for both high and low-quality scope settings
- Improvement to the level visuals, gameplay and optimization
- Add more cosmetic item variations and a new forearm tattoo cosmetic type which can also be seen in first person
- Expand in-game server options to include a server browser, community-run server support, and a custom games system allowing users to specially configure games hosted by our server infrastructure.
- Refine the game to the point it has far less bugs, glitches, visual inconsistencies and other issues.
Steam pre-orders, including the 10% discount, will still be available until the new release date on December 12th. So this will continue to grant pre-purchasers instant access to the ongoing beta. The additional 10% loyalty discount off the $29.99 USD price for owners of the original Insurgency will now be extended until the end of March 2019. So New World Interactive invites eager players to take part in the beta. And also leave feedback on everything from optimization to game balance.
Steam and Humble Store releases:
Insurgency: Sandstorm will be launch on Windows PC, December 12th. With Linux, Mac, Xbox One and PS4 releases coming in 2019. The pre-order beta is available on Steam. Also if you do not own Insurgency on Steam, Humble Store also has a 10% discount priced at $26.99 USD.