Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.
Linux gets a progressive First-Person Shooter!!! Read on the see the full Steam update.
Jack-in with your friends in this cooperative First Person Simulator and experience a believable future where first contact with another sentient species is imminent.
Play our demos and join our awesome community at www.InterstellarMarines.com!
The game is in Open Door Development and are planned for release in late 2013.
15th October 2012: We’ve been greenlit! – thanks to all of you who helped us spread the word to the masses and up-voted our game – we couldn’t have done it without you!
Interstellar Marines is a sci-fi FPS action and adventure game with an original and unpredictable storyline featuring single and cooperative gameplay, with heavy focus on realism.
Set in a believable future, you play as a newly enlisted special forces soldier, equipped with the latest in weaponry, armor and gadgets that will embark on a breathtaking adventure. A world filled with challenging scenarios and heart pounding situations that in time draws you deeper into an ongoing plot centered around first contact with another sentient species.
- Heavy focus on creating an immersive First Person Simulator through graphics, sound and game play.
- Entire experience designed from the ground up to support up to four players in coop.
- Persistent character development and skill system.
- Non-linear gameplay and open ended level design.
- Customizable weapons and equipment simulation.
- Realistic and interactive sci-fi environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor worlds.
- A believable narrative centered around first contact with another sentient species.
Interstellar Marines is all about evolving the FPS recipe with all the inspirations we’ve assimilated since the birth of the genre. The goal is a progressive step forward driven by our compulsive interest in science fiction, role-playing, military realism, and respect for first person immersion.
The core DNA of Interstellar Marines is inspired by three very specific first person experiences, which have all significantly helped evolve Interstellar Marines into the game concept it is today.
Half-life (1998 / Valve Software)
System Shock 2 (1999 / Irrational Games)
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (2003 / Ubisoft)
Open Door Development
We’re developing Interstellar Marines with our doors wide open, inviting everybody to get a taste of our vision through small prototypes of our game. You can try out all our proof of concept demos for free and support our development by pre-ordering the game at www.InterstellarMarines.com.
Coming soon on Kickstarter.com
You can help us finish the game and get it on Steam by backing our project when we launch it in October on the world’s largest crowd-funding platform – Kickstarter.com. If you follow us on Facebook, Twitter or sign-up for newsletters on www.InterstellarMarines.com, we’ll let you know when it’s online!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Your team at Zero Point Software
- Facebook: facebook.com/InterstellarMarines
- YouTube: youtube.com/ZeroPointSoftware
- Twitter: twitter.com/ZeroPointSoft
Original Source: SteamCommunity