Iris and The Giant roguelike deckbuilding game gets a Free Demo for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Louis Rigaud and publisher Goblinz Studio. Who are also announcing the coming Steam release. There is a GOG page as well, but it’s Windows PC only.
Iris and the Giant is a brand new roguelike deckbuilding adventure. Due to release on Steam, February 27th, 2020. So to celebrate the news, the team has released a free demo. Which showcases the first few levels of the game.
Iris and The Giant is a fusion of a collectible card game (CCG). While mixing in RPG and roguelike elements. Behind the game’s unique minimalist art style. Players will explore the touching story of a young woman. Since she is facing her inner demons and soothing the raging giant inside. Dive into an almost melancholic and gripping adventure. All full of cute monsters and buried memories.
Iris and the Giant – OFFICIAL TRAILER
Players can test their tactical skills in turn-based battles. while using magical cards to attack and defend. And also unlocking new skills and cards with every run. Over time they can optimize and build the perfect deck. One that certainly fits your playstyle and dive deeper and deeper. Exploring the fantastic minimal world of Iris and the Giant. Until you reach its most hidden corners, full of monsters and mysteries.
Fans of the genre will find the complexity of the deckbuilding satisfying. While newcomers will appreciate the progressive difficulty curve. Which is also designed to be approachable.
- Tactical battles: Face monsters in fights mixing CCG mechanics with RPG and roguelike elements
- Deckbuilding: build a deck as you progress. Choose the best options for your long-term strategy. Out of a wide variety of cards
- Deep customisation: Iris and the Giant is packed with 51 cards. As well as choices in how to specialize your character, your deck, and your playstyle
- A touching adventure: A lot of care was put into adding a compelling and emotive story. For a genre typically light on story
- A progressive difficulty curve: Makes the game accessible to all, but offers a challenge to even the most hardened of players
Iris and the Giant roguelike deckbuilding will releases on Steam, February 27th, 2020. Coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC. But you can also try the Free Demo on the Steam page. You will probably like it.