IRO HERO shoot em up action is set to debut on Linux, Mac and Windows coming on July 31st. All thanks to independent developer Artax Games announcing the release for the vertical shmup.
While IRO HERO prides itself on being one of the most difficult games on Switch catalogue. For the shmup release on Steam, the developers have prepared four game modes. Including different difficulty levels for all kinds of players:
- Arcade: The original vision for the game. No continues, but you can exchange some of your points for lives at the end of each level.
- Normal: A more accessible challenge. In addition to the possibility of exchanging points for lives, you also have 3 credits to continue the match from the same level you died.
- Story: The easiest mode. Once you finish a level, the next level gets unlocked and you can henceforth start the game from there.
- 1CC: The hardest challenge for the most hardcore players. No possibility of buying ships and no continues.
IRO HERO shoot em up Teaser (Linux, Mac, Windows)
IRO HERO combines the old school, pixelated charm of 80’s arcade shooters. Also including the complex, high-octane action of a modern bullet hell shoot em up. Combining complex enemy AI, polarity mechanics and light puzzle elements. IRO HERO unleashes mind-melting mayhem on the Nintendo Switch. Now coming to Steam.
So players will have to shift polarities to avoid color-coded hazards. While balancing an array of unlockable skills, and make use of reflective surfaces and color areas. If they’re to make it through IRO HERO’s 9 action-packed stages intact.
Set in the year 2306, IRO HERO opens a century after humans learned how to harness their energy to produce electricity. Over the years nefarious enterprises transform this gift into a curse. With humans being no more than batteries. Following the death of his mother, a teenager named Iro learns that he may also be the key to mankind’s freedom.
- A four-color polarity system, emphasizing risk vs reward gameplay where you charge up your powers in matching colors.
- Discover an exciting story that takes place across 9 action-packed levels.
- Encounter 10 different types of enemies with more than one hundred different behaviors.
- Defeat 10 final bosses in the vein of classic arcades.
- Unlock special skills, offering many creative and strategic options.
- Acquire upgrades to increase the firepower and capabilities of your spaceship.
- Rise to the top of the online leaderboards.
IRO HERO shoot em up will release on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since the game, until now was a Nintendo Switch exclusive, will be releasing on Steam for $9.99 USD. Which will also be coming with a 15% launch discount.
While the original soundtrack will also be available, both separately or in a special bundle with a 10% discount offer.