So the games set in a dark fantasy world. Where players recruit, manage, and embark on missions. While choosing from a roster of adventurers, testing the limits of their mortality. So every decision the players makes carries weight. Which can have a minor or major influence on their characters and the world. As you and your guild progress, the world changes dynamically. Enabling new storylines to discover and resulting in a unique experiences.
The Iron Oath Features:
- Tactical turn-based Combat: Deadly foes, traps and destructible objects means one misstep could be your party’s undoing. Proper planning and execution is vital to your success.
- A Large and Dynamic Overworld: 9 regions with over 50 hubs to visit. Cities can be overtaken, destroyed and rebuilt; while various factions can emerge, rise and fall. A playthrough can potentially last hundreds of years, resulting in many changes to the initial world state.
- In-depth Guild Management: Control your guild’s finances, resources, alliances and roster. Your characters will age, retire and frequently die in combat and you will need to recruit and train their replacements.
- Character Development: Every recruitable character has their own personal backstory, incorporating events that have taken place during your playthrough. Their motives, alignment and traits all stem from this, but each of the three is subject to change as their career progresses.
- Dynamic Dialogue: Characters will converse over a variety of subjects such as the current state of the world or relevant past experiences, along with offering their input on any decisions you face.
- Decisions Matter: Your choices bear consequences and they can affect your characters, your guild and the many factions that exist throughout the world.
- Detailed Pixel Art: Meticulously hand-crafted pixel art characters, animations and environments help set the mood for your journey.
The Iron Oath will be release on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. While the DRM-free versions will be available through The Humble Store. All expecting to release in Q1 of 2019.
So make sure to check out The Iron Oath crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.