When, Enclave came to Linux we issued a list of #games that would be coming with native support. While Iron Sky: Invasion Invasion was not part of the list, we are pleased to see this beta port. Even though we are not fond of Wine, as long as the game runs and performs well on Linux, why not.
So here are the details to get into the Public Linux Beta Test:
We are starting public Beta test of Linux Iron Sky Invasion Wine port.
Everybody who have a copy of the game, can take part in it.
How to play Iron Sky: Invasion Invasion on Linux:
- Right Mouse Buttom (RMB) on Iron Sky Invasion in Your game library.
- At the bottom – Properties.
- At the top of the new window – BETAS
- Enter this code – “isilinuxbetatest” and click “Check Code”
- Select the beta “Linux Beta Test”.
- Close window and it should update Your game.
- Fell free to leave any comment or report bug on discussion forum.
If You haven’t noticed any problem, please, leave a small comment including your OS and system specifications.
Iron Sky: Invasion Invasion Features:
- Unique, genre-busting gameplay – space flight and combat simulation, with elements of real-time strategy
- Breathtaking 3-D universe filled with awe-inspiring effects to match those of the film, courtesy of the powerful GRACE2 engine
- Avant-garde game structure: with no division into single missions, “Iron Sky: Invasion” is one giant, open-world battle
- Protect the Earth’s satellites & bases while repelling the Fourth Reich’s fleet
- Real-time map of outer space
- Innovative energy management: players can transfer the ship’s power between engines, shields and weapons, depending on the needs of the moment
- High replayability: many side missions and a challenging scoring system
- Non-stop action of spectacular ship-to-ship dogfights to rival even the greatest space battles of science fiction lore
- Resource management: players can scavenge parts from destroyed spaceships, collecting precious elements for enhancements
- Multiple weapons: lasers, homing missiles, and even tactical nukes are just a few examples of the vast arsenal at players’ disposal
- Enhanced combat technology allows players to deploy satellites and drones for offense, and equally, to defend themselves with flares and anti-missile arrays
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence to challenge even the most crackshot pilot
- Multiple classes of ships: Fighter, Heavy Bomber, and Gunboat
- Massive upgrades: home station docking opens a user-friendly game economy allowing players to access hundreds of ship upgrades
- Many classes of allied ships can help players out in a pinch
- Numerous enemy ship classes, from Valkyrie to the fearful Götterdämmerung
- Diverse enemy attack fleets demand adaptable, dynamic strategies
Iron Sky: Invasion Invasion is available on Steam for $19.99 USD. Now that we have at least as Linux Beta, here’s hoping for a sale very soon.
More information about about Iron Sky: Invasion Invasion, check out the Official Site.