Jumpala gets a new character reveal – Dr. Time for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer yokereba. Plus the game is due to release later this year on Steam, with an early build live on Itch.io.
Jumpala will have you jump on platforms to turn them your color. While collecting points before reaching the top. Build your Special Meter to activate the new character’s special moves. And try not to fall off the stage.
Since Dr. Time’s will stop time completely. This also gives you a chance to move around the Jumpala stage at will. You’ll be invincible for as long as time is stopped. Even more, this time bending ability has an effect on his body. This means that all time based effects, good or bad, last a little bit longer when applied to Dr. Time. So use this time wisely and claim as many platforms as you can.
Dr. Time has the unique ability to manipulate time, without being affected himself. However, his weakness is that if he dies, he’ll take longer to respawn. And he will also take longer to unfreeze after being frozen.
Jumpala New Character: Dr. Time
“As with my previous game, Jumpala is a love letter to Spryjinx. A game I played as a child,” says Makario Lewis, solo dev at Yokereba. “I wanted to capture the feelings I had when playing Spryjinx. And add some modern twists like special abilities and cool characters.”
- 4-player competitive action. Compete with your friends in fast-paced free for alls, or team up in 2v2 matches. No friends? Go up against challenging
- CPUs, or compete against others in online 1v1s.
- Easy to learn, tough to master. If you want to be the best at Jumpala. You’ll also have to plan your routes. Practice your timing and perfect your positioning. All while being mindful of your opponents.
- A wide variety of stages. Each stage has unique features and hazards to watch out for.
- Original set of characters. Each character has their own unique abilities and playstyle.
Jumpala will be available in Early Access and this new character reveal – Dr. Time. Due to release with a price of $14.99 USD / €12.49 EUR / $17.49 CAD / £11.39 GBP. Coming to Steam Early Access in December 2020 (Q4 2020). But you can play the current build available on Itch.io. Should you want to support the developer and play now on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.