Jupiter Hell classic roguelike games full release date arrives for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. All thanks to the two years of developer by ChaosForge. Due to arrive on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store with a discount.
Do you have what it takes to survive the demonic forces of Jupiter. Doing so in a game where turn based tactics and roguelike collide? Jupiter Hell, from developer ChaosForge and publisher, Hyperstrange will get a full release on August 5th, 2021.
Jupiter Hell cinematic trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Entering Early Access in March 2019, after a successful Kickstarter campaign. And also backed by none other than DOOM daddy John Carmack himself. Developer ChaosForge is eager to bring Jupiter Hell into 1.0. This also means you can expect a host of new features. One of them being the amazing voicework of Commander Shepard himself, Mark Meer!
Jupiter Hell 1.0 will also include:
- Dante Station – The 4th and final act in the gripping story. So you can take on one hero’s survival against Jupiter Hell. This also means a final boss battle is included.
- Trials Mode – a new was to customize and mod to enjoy the game your way. Since it’s your run, your scenario, and your funeral.
- Arena Mode – Defend against wave based attacks of enemies. While offering quicker levelling and item finds between waves.
- Endless Mode – Go through fully randomized levels without episodes, and branches. etc. Then can see how deep you can get.
- Classic Mode – No story, no branching areas, and no special levels. Nothing to distract you from sweet, sweet ripping and tearing through demonic hordes.
- More to be revealed!
Jupiter Hell is a classic, turn based roguelike for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. The game takes place in a 90s flavored sci-fi universe on the moons of Jupiter. A spiritual successor to classic DRL. Which was originally known as Doom, the Roguelike. While pitting a lone space marine against vast demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons, and offensive monsters. Using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns, and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal.
In Jupiter Hell, classic roguelike turn based gameplay meets modern shooter. Controls are immediate and easy while retaining the back end depth of a turn based RPG. You can customize your character with new weapons, items, and abilities. All gained as you progress through a permadeath prone hell. Blast through procedurally generated civilian sectors, military space bases, and mining colonies. Taking place on the violent moons of Jupiter. Like every roguelike worth its salt, you’ll find new ways to take on familiar settings every time you play.
- Tactical, turn based combat with real time receptivity – Benefit from classic roguelike turns with a modern shooter feeling. Controls are immediate and easy, while keeping the back end depth of a turn based RPG.
- Meaningful RPG progress – Customize your Jupiter Hell character with new weapons, items and abilities gained. Doing so as you progress through a permadeath prone hell. Beat the game to unlock more difficult challenges rather than grinding to make the game easier.
- Randomized levels are all over Jupiter’s orbit – Blast through procedurally generated civilian sectors. Including military space bases and mining colonies on the violent moons of Jupiter. Every time you play you’ll find new ways to take on familiar settings.
- Original shooter roguelike lineage – Jupiter Hell is the crowning achievement of a 20-year roguelike development saga. All thanks to ChaosForge, the team that’s been making top down, cosmic hell roguelikes since 2002.
Jupiter Hell classic roguelike games due to be available on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store. Doing so for $24.99 USD along with a 20% discount. All coming on the full release date, the August 5th launch. While keeping up support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.