Solo game designer Erik Rempen is eager to give fans a peek behind the curtain. Showing off some of the highly anticipated new roguelite village builder Kainga: Seeds of Civilization. This new video will take you on a journey deep into the heart of Kainga. While showcasing some of the new biomes, game mechanics, and challenges players. Since this is what you can look forward to when the game launches later this year.
Eventually, I will add Mac and Linux. Either for the Early Access release or the full 1.0 release.
Due note, that Linux support will not be available this fall. According to the Kickstarter FAQ, support may arrive during the year of Early Access or at full release.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village builder. The gameplay also takes place in a world full of mystery and surprise. As you take on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village. Here you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated setting and location. All while making the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is liable for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable. If the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and open to attack. Meaning, you must be protected at all costs.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization Gameplay Preview
Instead of following the long winded city builder formula. Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focusing on short, 30 minutes to 1 hour challenges. Each gameplay challenge is a fresh and diverse experience. Offering a new location that still allows the player to make progress between runs.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology. All inspired by civilizations around the world. Then make your mark on the world with your choice of buildings. Including festivals, resource production, and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the Kainga: Seeds of Civilization terrain and resources to your advantage. Also, keep an eye on the resources you have available. Then carefully plan and adapt to an ever changing setting. Then battle against the elements and disasters. Other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers. Such as weapons to repeal attacks or even use the beasts to your advantage. Simply by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technologies, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
Kainga Structures and Wildlife:
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the setting. They often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals Kainga: Seeds of Civilization? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best. Doing so before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Wishlist Kainga: Seeds of Civilization roguelite village builder on Steam. Due to arrive on Windows PC, with Linux and Mac support coming later.