Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut classic adventure is due to return, now in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the efforts of developer Clifftop Games. Which is coming to Steam later this year.
Just in time for Steam’s Big Adventure Event. Clifftop Games and Raw Fury are reigniting a catalog classic. Which is due to be full of new content, atmosphere, and an unforgettable mystery. Due to arrive this fall on Steam along with native support. But since there are also listings for the original game on Humble Store and GOG. Chances are we’ll also see the Directors Cut listed there as well.
Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut | Teaser Trailer
The story takes you back to Conwell Springs. Where the award- inning adventure Kathy Rain re-emerges in the Director’s Cut edition. Featuring an extended story with more puzzles to solve and new areas to explore. While you witness the rise of an iconic detective as you uncover a dark and sinister truth. Which hides beneath the calm exterior of a small rural town.
New to the Director’s Cut
- Improved narrative, additional plotlines, and an extended ending gives new dimension to beloved characters
- Remixed soundtrack with fresh tunes for the new chapters
- Several unlockable motorcycle paint jobs. So you can personalize your precious Katmobile
- Controller support
- Enlarged game environments to fill up the entire screen without black bars on the sides on top of graphical improvements
- (No Spoilers but…) DEATH SEQUENCES in Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut!
- Plus much more!
As she follows the trail of clues left by her grandfather, questions emerge. So, what was Joseph Rain really looking for that night all those years ago? What turned him into a mere shell of a man, confined to a wheelchair? What secret did a suicidal young artist take with her to the grave? And why are so many people in Conwell Springs going mad? The truth is dark, sinister, and yours to uncover.
Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut will be launching on Steam strong in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. The classic adventure is due to arrive this autumn.