Fans of the original point and click mystery adventure game Kathy Rain will be rewarded with a permanent 50% loyalty discount. Since this goes toward the Director’s Cut version when it arrives later this fall. The latest trailer reveals that those who own Kathy Rain before the launch of Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut will be eligible. Available via Steam, GOG (huge discount), and Humble Store. This discount also combines with any other offers. While ensuring that legacy owners will always get a premium deal.
Latest trailer for Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut
Set in the 90’s, the gameplay tells the story of a strong willed journalism major. Who also must come to terms with her own troubled past as she search the recent, mysterious death of her grandfather. Armed with her motorcycle, and a notepad. This is where Kathy begins to delve into a local mystery. Since it surrounds her hometown and will take her on a harrowing journey. Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut is certainly full of emotional and personal turmoil.
As she follows a trail of clues he left behind, questions emerge. Such as what was Joseph Rain really looking for that night all those years ago? Also, what turned him into a mere shell of a man, confined to a wheelchair? What secret did a suicidal young artist take with her to the grave? And why are so many people in Conwell Springs going mad? The truth is dark and sinister.
New to the Director’s Cut
- New puzzles
- Extended and improved narrative with an expanded ending
- Additional plotlines
- Remixed soundtrack with additional, fresh tracks for the new chapters
- Skins to personalize Kathy’s motorcycle
- Controller support in Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut
- Widescreen 16:9 backgrounds for all environments and improved animations
- (No Spoilers but…) DEATH SEQUENCES
- Additional Steam achievements
- Russian and Brazilian Portuguese language versions with more to follow
- Plus much more!