[gigya height=”360″ src=”https://d3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net/321f/kickplayer.swf?” flashvars=”allowfullscreen=true&autostart=false&backcolor=000000&controlbar=over&file=https%3A%2F%2Fd2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net%2Fprojects%2F759280%2Fvideo-318394-h264_high.mp4&image=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fksr%2Fprojects%2F759280%2Fphoto-full.jpg&project_creators=A+Video+Games+project+by+Causal+Bit+Games&project_title=Insanity%27s+Blade%3A+The+Ultimate+8-bit+Experience&project_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F353834117%2Finsanitys-blade-the-ultimate-8-bit-experience&screencolor=000000&skin=https%3A%2F%2Fd3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net%2Fcc3a%2Fkickskin.swf&wmode=opaque” width=”480″ ]
Developed by +CausalBitGames for Windows, Mac and Linux, Insanity’s Blade is a blend of action, #platforming and #RPG elements with a classic 8-bit style in which player takes a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child. Insanity’s Blade: The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a fathers powerful grief and hatred – this first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Below, Causal Bit Games have provided links to the demo of your choice! Note that the game is still very much in beta and that there will be minor bugs and missing sounds, etc.
- A blend of action, platforming and rpg elements with a classic 8-bit style
- Battle through the 18 stages filled with unique enemies and environments
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall scaling and jumping abilities
- Cutscenes between chapters to tell the story of Insanity’s Blade
- A fully original soundtrack that’s also playable on real NES hardware (VRC6 based)
- Get upgrades at the store between stages
- Weapons system improvements and upgrades as you progress lead to unique combat mechanics
- Fight alongside an AI driven sidekick who joins your quest
The instructions are contained within the zip files. You may use a control pad to play the game!
Pick you flavor here:
Causal Bit Games are a small indie team from Canada and have spent their available resources towards making this game possible; With the positive feedback received from those who have watched the game grow over time they are ready to bring the project to Kickstarter. Developing Insanity’s Blade into a truly awesome experience and tribute to the golden games of old.
Your support will also help cover a great number of costs in development including:
- Legal fees: Incorporating ~$900
- Musicians: $1000 Split by amount of songs each musician composes
- Promotion: $1000+ to pay promotion specialist for doing Blogs, Twitter, Facebook and webpage updates constantly.
- Unity Licence: $1000 to port to mobile and console
- Unity developer: $2000 to code the mobile and console versions.
You can stream the Insanity’s Blade EP, a selection of tracks from the soundtrack, which will be immediately available to download for free to anyone who is kind to pledge $10 or more, and help us get closer to turning our dream to reality.