Kinetic Edge manic multiplayer looks into support for Linux with Windows PC and interesting game modes. Thanks to developer Seacorp Technologies. Which is due to release on Steam next month.
Kinetic Edge is a physics-based racer. Which is also a marvelously manic multiplayer with some seriously standout neon visuals. Due to release on Steam for Windows PC on Friday 5th February 2021. But it looks like the developer is also looking into Linux now.
We see quite a bit of people requesting it. We will look into it.
Typically what this usually means, the developers will evaluate sales. But here it looks like developer Seacorp Technologies are taking requests more seriously. Since Kinetic Edge offers up a fair bit more than one game mode.
There is a Steam thread, should you want to share your Tux Love or +1.
Serving as a fun experience with friends or as a single-player game. Kinetic Edge charges you with controlling a variety of shapes and objects. All while completing multiple game modes and challenges. After a year of big budget, open world epics dominating gamers’ time. Gameplay offers a perfect pick-up and play alternative. Allowing players to switch off for some pure, arcade style fun. While take on the challenge in single-player, online PvP, LAN PvP, online Co-op or LAN co-op.
Kinetic Edge Features! Official Trailer
“Kinetic Edge is a compendium of different games but, in truth, all have the same core. It’s like crazy golf meets Tron,” says founder Richard Seabrook. “The game finds that brilliant sweet spot between being a perfect package of fun for those wanting to play with their friends. But also serving as an addictive set of challenges for single players as well.”
- Race with friends to get the best time or against others online.
- Arena – Knockout other players to make them lose points and stay in the green zone for maximum points gain.
- Survival – Increasingly difficult challenges knocking out players, last to remain wins.
- Golf – A physics crazy golf game you can play with friends.
- Maze – A procedurally generated level that constantly changes. Currently, there are three types of maze varying in size; 10×10 20×20 and 50×50. Maze’s are colour coded and have a distance meter to help out but you will have to navigate it to find the exit. Be sure not to follow the wrong friend because they can lead you to a dead-end!
- Kinetic Gauntlet Single-Player & Multi-Player – Can you complete the gauntlet? Seven minutes, one life, and no checkpoints. The Gauntlet is a super hard level that will test your abilities to the max within Kinetic Edge. Gauntlet also comes with Gauntlet training mode with multiple checkpoints and a slower pace for you to practice before the real deal.
You can expect more modes to be added to Kinetic Edge in the months ahead.
While Kinetic Edge manic multiplayer looks into support for Linux with Windows. The game is due to launch on Steam on Friday 5th February 2021 for priced at $12.99 USD / £9.99 / €9.99.