Chainsawesome Games has #revealed that Knight Squad, #medieval-themed party #game for up to eight players, will go into full launch November 16 on Linux, Mac, Windows PC and Xbox One. Enter the fray in free-for-all battles, crush your opponents in team-based matches, and take the fight online with nine different game modes, each as frantic as the last.
Knight Squad is a 1 to 8 players game that can be described as SNES era Bomberman meets Gauntlet. Play as a Knight in the arena and defeat your opponents using epic weapons and power ups. Challenge your friends in the Versus mode or try to complete the challenges and beat other players score on the leaderboard in the Challenges.
Players drop into one of several top-down arenas where they face off to see who will be the last knight standing, capture all of the flags, or score the most goals in an adapted form of full-contact (and full-slaughter) soccer.
- Local Versus Game Modes : Grail, Capture the Flag, Soccer, Gladiator, Last Man Standing, Team Deathmatch, Juggernaut, Crystal Rush, Domination
- Online Versus with all modes except for Soccer
- Current Weapons : Swords, Bows, Drills, Laser Gun, Crossbow, Bombs, Ripper, Minigun, Lightning Staff, Boomerang, Protector Gun
- Current Power Ups : Kamikaze, Speed Boots, Shields, Minions, Horse, Reset, Freeze
- Different Map hazards : Dragons, Ice ballistas
- Bots with multiple difficulties to fill in the empty spots
- Single player challenges on leaderboard : Dark Knight Army, Evil Nests, Worms Invasion, Attack of the Trolls
- More Versus Game Modes
- More Single player challenges
- Unlockable Knights Skins
Gather up to seven friends and pick your knight, then kick serious butt with 100% authentic medieval weapons such as large pointy swords, rapidfire crossbows, outrageous power-ups, and devastating laser guns―voted #1 most likely to cause irreparable damage to your buddy’s knight as well as your relationship with said buddy.
Xbox One players will be able to enjoy Knight Squad as part of November’s Games with Gold offer as soon as it launches, while Steam Early Access supporters will obtain Knight Squad: Extra Chivalrous for free. The Extra Chivalrous DLC contains four additional action-packed game modes―Prison Break, Arms Race, Soul Hunter, and Serial Killer―and three fabulous-looking knights.
- OS: Linux 10.10 or later
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo or better
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 mb