Having already seen over 2,000 backers, Knights and Bikes is looking for £100,000. With 19 days to go, the campaign is currently sitting at just under £58,100. If successfully funded, Foam Sword says the game will #release in April 2017.
A co-op action adventure game set in a world inspired by The Goonies and Earthbound, Knights and Bikes takes place on Penfurzy Island, a place of medieval legend and modern tourism. Set in the 1980s, you play as two young girls, Nessa and Demelza, who explore the island on foot and on bikes, searching for treasure, discovering new locations, recruiting new gang members, and getting into trouble.
[kickstarter url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/foamsword/knights-and-bikes width=”480″]
Inspired by games like Earthbound and Secret of Mana and films such as The Goonies, we would like to take these, along with of our favourite childhood memories, and channel it all through our years of experience making games.
In Knights and Bikes, you can play as Nessa and Demelza on their quest for the truth behind the medieval legends of Penfurzy, an island on the fast track to financial ruin and literal destruction. Recruit a party of creatures from all walks of life, enlist and inspire deflated islanders, and embark on an adventure to find the hero the island so desperately needs.
- Local Co-Op – Play through the game with AI helpers, or with friends controlling the other characters in your party.
- Explore – Jump on your bikes and explore the island following the ever trusty beak of Captain Honkers, your pet goose.
- Treasure – Trade collected treasure to upgrade your bike and acquire new abilities.
- Quests – Prove yourselves worthy saviours of the island by rescuing loved ones, finding ancient relics, and solving mysteries.
- Battle – Fight like kids do – use your ingenuity to splash enemies with mud, swerve a Frisbee past their shields, hack video game hardware to use against them, or make a fast getaway on your bikes
Foam Sword consists of Rex Crowle and Moo Yu, former Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet, and Ratchet & Clank developers. Now creating something unusual, so if you like what they are doing, please help by shouting about it up and down your street, in crowded places, or on the internet.