La-Mulana 2 metroidvania action Linux support details. Since the games already available on Mac and Windows. Where is the native release?
Active Gaming Media Inc. operates the indie game platform PLAYISM. Also home to games chosen carefully for their originality and appeal. PLAYISM is proud to announce that the long-awaited La-Mulana 2 is coming to Linux as well.
Linux Support Details:
“We have been working on the game a lot recently, and the linux version isn’t ready yet.
We are planning one, but we aren’t sure when it will be ready yet.
The game is built in unity this time.”
So yes, it’s great to finally have that confirmation for Linux support. But there is no release date yet. And it’s also a pleasure to see Unity 3D in use for development. Which should make the port relatively straight forward. But no further details, so this is a wait and see sadly.
Imagine a world where the videogame industry continues to evolve in 2D. That was the theme the perfectionists at indie developer NIGORO had in mind when developing La-Mulana 2. A Metroidvania-style “archaeological ruin exploration action game”. One that also features sprawling ancient ruins, mind-boggling mysteries and terrible enemies.
La-Mulana 2 is a sequel to La-Mulana, a hit release that sold over 500,000 copies. After four and-a-half long, arduous years the game kickstarted back in 2014 to the tune of $266,670 from 5,200 backers is finally complete. La-Mulana 2 may be a “Metroidvania” like other side-scrolling exploration series such as Castlevania and Metroid, but in a unique twist it has a strong emphasis on solving cunning puzzles through various cryptic hints.
La-Mulana 2 launch trailer (Mac, Windows and soon Linux)
- Become an adventurer and explore sprawling ancient ruins
- Gather hints to solve the various mysteries of your adventure
- Dive into the action as you fight off tough enemies standing in your way
- A detailed and beautiful pixel-art-stylized world
- Seven main weapons and over ten sub-weapons
- Over 60 items of various types to help you explore the ruins
- Over 20 apps to install on your trusty adventurer’s tablet, the “Mobile Super X 3”
- Includes a Glossary mode with over 200 monsters and other characters from the game