Since the quickest way to kill an enemy is to do it from within. Learn its secrets. Sabotage its industry. Break its codes. Strike at vulnerable points behind the front lines. While you send agents to build a network of informants. Plus a secret army that will rise against the occupiers. La Résistance is never futile.
Paradox Development Studios is happy to announce Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance. Another expansion to the best-selling grand strategy wargame. La Résistance introduces a new espionage system to the game. And also increases the range of interactions and options. Adding resistance movements in occupied territory. This is the expansion I’ve been waiting to play. Since this creates a different experience in Hearts of Iron IV.
Hearts of Iron: La Resistance – Announcement Trailer
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime. As well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain. As well as an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency in La Résistance. While you train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare. As you develop passive refusal to enemy spying. Then send them on special operations.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements. Giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents in La Résistance. While you prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void. Once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas. While armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
As usual, La Résistance will be coming by a significant free update. This will also be available to all players of Hearts of Iron IV. This update will include a reworking of the resistance system. Including interface improvements to battleplans. And also air operations and many other quality of life improvements.