La Resistance uncover enemy secrets in the DLC available for Hearts of Iron IV on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Paradox Development Studio. Check out the games DLC on Humble Store, Paradox Store and Steam.
La Resistance is the newest expansion. Releasing for Paradox’s best selling grand strategy wargame. While you work your way through events of the Second World War. In La Résistance, your nation has new resources at its disposal. But also at the center of the game is the Intelligence Agency. That lets you train and deploy spies to undertake special missions cracking codes, stealing secrets and assisting resistance activities in the occupied lands of your conquered allies.
Conquest is never easy. While the 20th Century brings new challenges. More infrastructure means more opportunities for disruption. So things like radio link saboteurs. And also freedom fighters across the occupied territory. It is never hard to find willing associates. But it takes a lot of work to put them in place. Similarly, expect direct resisters, special agents, and quislings. All of these are available in Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance.
Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance | Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime. As well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy in La Resistance.
- More in-Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain. While including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire. Or intervene in the Civil War next door.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize. So they can focus in certain types of information warfare. While you send them on special operations. Or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements. Giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators. So you can fill the void once you’ve conquered your target in La Resistance.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas. While armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
- New music tracks
As usual, the La Resistance DLC is accompanied by the release of a significant free update. Available to all Hearts of Iron IV players.